
When I told Kenz that I had started a blog, she didn't believe me. After the first post, I woke her up and told her. She really made an effort to seem interested, but it was about 1 a.m. and she had already been asleep for a few hours so she rolled over and went back to sleep. A few days later she asked me if I had really done it, but no matter how many "pinky promises" I made, she thought I was just joking around. Well guess what babe, I really did it :)
I'll be honest, I'm really not sure of blogging etiquette, or what you're supposed to blog about, or if people even read these things ever. But I guess I should start and share a little about Kenz and I, and how we became "We".
We met about 2 1/2 years ago when our paths would cross briefly at church. We were in different singles wards, but would see each other from time to time in the foyer. From my point of view, she was the fun, bubbly girl who everyone was drawn to. She was in charge of planning activities for her ward, and I thought her personality was perfect for that calling. After a few months of seeing each other and casually greeting, yet never really knowing anything about
one another, I finally came up with a reason to "hang out." Yes, I know!
The last thing Young Single Adults are supposed to spend their time doing is simply hanging out with each other. But we did it; we started out as just hang-out buddies.

One of the 1st, and in Kenzie's opinion, funnest "hang-outs." We stopped at some cool caves in Logan Canyon on our way to a friends cabin in Bear Lake.
That was in September 2008, and it took until March 18, 2010 for me to finally get my act
together and marry this wonderful woman. Along the way we had a ton of fun together though. We were able to have so many exciting adventures, and really grow to be close friends over that year and a half. As we've talked since we've been married, we feel so lucky to have been able to date for so long, and to be able to experience so much together.
Shooting clay pigeons together. She's not in the picture, but we took my grandma who was 89at the time!
Of course we had to go skiing
We went on a cruise with a bunch of friends. This is a cave in Curacao.
We got to go to Esther's graduation in Boston with my family.
We definitely took a little longer to get married, but we truly feel blessed for the time we were able to spend together before. I think it helped us to learn how to love one another through many different circumstances.
But March 18th couldn't come fast enough for me! I was so excited to begin this new adventure with someone I love so much. I can't speak for Kenz, but I wasn't very nervous the day of the wedding. It was just a pure feeling of excitement! The day started as a bright and crisp Spring morning. It was a Thursday and there weren't very many weddings taking place at the Salt Lake Temple, so it kind of felt like we had the place to ourselves. As we were there, with our families surrounding us, we felt so incredibly blessed to be able to be sitting in the temple getting ready to be sealed together. The ceremony was so special and touching. It seemed surreal to finally be there together. But it was so right! It was was where we both wanted to be, doing what we both wanted to be doing. And the rest is history.....In a nutshell, that is how Kenz and I became "We".

7 comments:
I just wanted to be the first to comment on you blog. And good for you for starting a blog, now your posterity will have something to remember you by.
Welcome to the blog world, WFH. Look forward to being able to keep up with you!
Ben
Hey, awesome you are blogging. Lisa takes care of that for me, cuz she does much better than I do. Check it out. ragslisa.blogspot.com. hope you guys are doing awesome
Kenz! So glad you guys have joined the blogging world! Now I can Blogstalk you and all your endevours! :) Miss you!
Aw! Way to go, Fran!
So... you're going to keep it updated, right??
Fran! What's up! This is great. I was teaching Jason a little about facebook and showed him your page....and we found a link here. We are very impressed. Way to go Fran!!! Let's get together!
Brooke, I love that you had to teach Jason how to use Facebook :)
Post a Comment